Friday, November 23, 2007

Week 9: Item 23

I was later than most in starting this project and obviously, since it is November 23rd, one of the last to finish. Thanks for the extension of this project because it gave me the impetus to push through my reluctance and frustrations and ultimately finish and feel very proud that I did.

Clearly this is not an ending but a beginning. I've only touched the surface of these many web tools and yet I know that I've absorbed a great deal. Last week when I was talking to a friend who does not work in libraries, I was telling her about some of my discoveries. She was unaware of them yet she uses the Internet. It gave me great satisfaction to realize how far I'd come.

My blog may not be quite as cool as others', but it's my very first. As I progressed I was able to do more and more on my own. I don't know the final count of BCPL staff who participated in this project, but it should be high. Having worked my way through the exercises, I better understand their value. Maryland 23 Things should be mandatory for all full-time staff, most certainly librarians.

Thanks to Pawan for his help (you were very patient with me). Kudos to Ellen and Jim for all their hard work in monitoring this project and encouraging us to continue!

1 comment:

Explorations.blogspot.com said...

Congratulations Scuba-do!
You made it and it is looking great !
Pawan