Sunday, November 11, 2007

Week 7: Item 16

My knowledge of wikis was limited to the Wikipedia, so this exercise was very eye-opening. I love the idea of wikis for library conferences. They would really enhance the experience for conference goers, particularly when visiting an unfamiliar city. It doesn't look as though there are wikis for the Maryland Library Association or even for the Public Library Association annual conference in 2008. I hope they get one going, as I see there's talk on the PLA blog about it.

This category offers many ideas for enhancing libraries. I particularly liked Princeton Public Library's Booklover's Wiki. It was attractive and easy to navigate, and it was a nice combination of staff and customer comments. Library Success wiki is a wonderful site for best practices. I looked at the teen programming since it's especially relevant to my work.

No comments: