Friday, November 23, 2007

Week 9: Item 20

First I looked at the links that show the many sites that allow users to upload and share videos. I had no idea there were so many, because YouTube, MySpace and a few others are so frequently mentioned.

I looked at YouTube, MySpace and Yahoo Video because, from what I read, they are among the top sites that are visited. YouTube had a wonderful underwater video of divers diving with 15 dolphins in Hurghada, Egypt. It was very easy to find on You Tube a second time by doing a keyword search using the following terms: 15 dolphins, scuba diving, Egypt. While many of the scuba videos I viewed were of poor quality (due partly to the difficulty of filming underwater), this one was just lovely. The graceful dolphins were swimming around and around the divers.

I did not find that I could as easily and quickly assess diving videos that I wanted to view in MySpace. Rather, MySpace was good for true information on sports, especially referrals to businesses related to scuba diving. For example, I immediately was referred to a local business to get diving lessons and another for gear. There was also a very attractive site for renting homes and rooms at resorts on Bonaire.

Yahoo videos were immediate when I looked for scuba diving on Bonaire. I was not impressed with the videos though. They were short and of poor visual quality.

No comments: